What it is
If you couldn't get it apart, you probably should have used Copaslip when you put it together.
MOLYSLIP Copaslip is an anti-seize compound consisting of finely divided copper particles in a non-melt bentone base to which are added highly effective oxidation and corrosion inhibitors.
Why is this important?
Copaslip won't soften or harden under extreme operating conditions. (operating range up to 2000 degree F (1100 degree C).
Prevents metal-to-metal contact under all likely conditions so there is no danger of galling or metal pickup even under extreme pressures.
Highly effective corrosion inhibitors provide permanent protection against rusting & corrosion.
Where to use Copaslip
- In high temperature areas: Copaslip's high temperature anti-seize properties save valuable man hours in dismantling retorts, boiler covers, valves and furnace parts, exhaust manifolds, etc
- In areas of extreme pressure: Use it on tool joints, drill collars, precision threads, pipelines and valves. Copaslip permits easy breakout of threaded connections even after prolonged exposure to extreme pressure, temperature and corrosion
- At points of high friction: Copaslip protects where conventional lubricants break down such as drawing and forming metals; lathe centers and slides; wire ropes and chains, (particularly In very arduous conditions)
- In any assembly process: Copaslip reduces nut driving torque requirements compared to oil or grease In addition to greatly increasing the ease of dismantling. Use as a lubricant behind disc brake pads to reduce squeal, on pivot points and adjusters; on manifold, muffler and pipe bolts and connections; spark plug threads and cylinder head bolts
- With injection molded tips